Anyone else feeling the “Pumpkin Spice Everything” vibe that October brings? Well, I am obsessed!! Not only am I excited about drinking pumpkin lattes and busting out my sweaters but, I love to decorate! Pumpkins, straw, acorns and leafs come to mind when considering fall décor in my house. Which is why I picked a pumpkin door hanger when trying to come up with an idea for my Fall Craft Night. Add some pumpkin beverages and fall treats and it’s my dream way to welcome fall.
You Will Need:
• Wood pumpkin to paint (plain or custom ordered like ours)
• Paint & Brushes
• Burlap, ribbon, raffia, and berries for embellishments
• Wooden leaf (if desired)
• Hot glue gun
• Staple gun
• Jute or twine to hang your pumpkin
1. First you will need to paint your pumpkin. We did orange for the outer part, brown for the steam and green for the leaf.
For the center we all selected tan or white to make the letter pop.
2. While the paint dries, you can cut your ribbon to make bows and pick your embellishments. I chose a simple burlap bow and some raffia to give it that fall feel. I also added cute fall berries to mine.
3. Once your pumpkin is dry, you can begin adding on your accents. Hot glue is my go to for things like this because I don’t have patience to wait for glue to dry. 🙂
4. The final step is to add some twin to the back so you can hang it. A staple gun or hot glue works great.
5. Tah dah! Your pumpkin is ready to spice up your door.
I would love to see your pumpkins below!